Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Dual Integration and TRAP

Answered Question

We have a dual integration setup with a Nortel Meridian using ports 1-6 and CallManager 7-32. When we try to use TRAP it ONLY wants to use the Nortel Integration and will not use the CallManager integration. Where is this being set? The callhandler we are trying to record is set for the right switch. We've tried not having any of the Nortel Integration ports setup for TRAP, but then it says we have no TRAP ports available... even though we have 5 setup on the CallManager integration. Anyone know where I can change this behaviour?

Correct Answer by Christopher McAlpin about 13 years 10 months ago

Yeah, the account you chose to be the UnityAdmin account actually gets associated with a dummy Unity subscriber account that only shows up in the SQL database. You can find it in the Subscriber table in the UnityDB database in SQL, you will want to look for at the value for SwitchID.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Christopher McAlpin Wed, 10/08/2003 - 12:04
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

TRaP will use the switch assigned to the subscriber account associated with the NT account you are logged in to the SA with. So if you want TRaP to use the CCM switch, log in to the SA with an account associated with a Unity subscriber mailbox which is assigned to the CCM switch.

That does make sense. We are VM only with AD and Exchange on the Unity box. I'm logging into the server with the UnityAdmin account. I changed Example Administrator to use the CallManager integration and it still doesn't work. I setup another account to login with Administrator priviledges and it did work as you suggested. How can I get the UnityAdmin account to function properly. What subscriber is it using, if not the example administrator.

Correct Answer
Christopher McAlpin Wed, 10/08/2003 - 13:55
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Yeah, the account you chose to be the UnityAdmin account actually gets associated with a dummy Unity subscriber account that only shows up in the SQL database. You can find it in the Subscriber table in the UnityDB database in SQL, you will want to look for at the value for SwitchID.

Christopher McAlpin Wed, 10/08/2003 - 13:58
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Oh yeah guess it would help if I told you the name of the dummy subscriber account in the subscriber table. It is "Installer"

By defalut the value for SwitchId for the dummy account called instaler, is 0, you will want to change it to a 1.

Actions

This Discussion