Microsoft Active Directory and Call Manager 3.3(3)

Unanswered Question
Oct 8th, 2003
User Badges:

I know there is a Plug in that connects the call manager to an Active Directory but I have heard that it is full of bugs and caveats. So question number one that I have is does anyone have this working and have it working well? And the second question is if I convince the customer not to hook up to the active directory I heard there is a way to run the corporate directory to connect to an existing active directory without actually connecting the call manager to the active directory domain. If so does anyone know a link on how to do this?

Thanks for any info

Ken

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ptalbot Thu, 10/16/2003 - 10:33
User Badges:

The plugin enables integration of CallManager to Active Directory. The AD schema is extended when the Cisco Customer Directory Configuration Plugin is run. The CallManager server itself does not have to be a member of the domain. The integration is accomplished through LDAP. We have several customers integrated to Active Directory without issue. Here is a link to the AD plugin install and config guide...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094493.shtml

Pat

kgroves42 Wed, 11/05/2003 - 11:00
User Badges:

Pat,

Thanks for your response, I feel a little more comfortable doing this integration

Ken

Actions

This Discussion