cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager monitoring questions

mbell
Level 1
Level 1

Without using any third-party software such as Vivinet Manager or Prognosis, is there a way to monitor call quality statistics (jitter, lost packets, etc.) in real time or near real time? I know that some of this can be performed on gateways but what about IP phone to IP phone calls?

Also, how do Cisco products such as VHM monitor things such as server processor utilization or do they?

6 Replies 6

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

VHM & most other programs use the performance monitor counters to monitor CPU utilization.

There is no built-in tool that can monitor voice quality.

Cisco SAA is a product that is contantly sending packets across the network, and gathers statistics in realtime.

There are other 3rd party sniffer programs that can also monitor in realtime.

mcotrone
Level 3
Level 3

The NMS Blade on the 6500 with the Voice License is supposed to measure jitter, delay, rtt etc. This is used in conjunction with RTM in CW2K.

VHM is meant to watch and report on the environmental status of your IPT servers. It has nothing to do with QOS reporting. VHM receives SNMP MIB information from the servers.

Anybody know the MIB that VHM uses to get processor utilization?

The CISCO-PROCESS-MIB Is what you are looking for:

This MIB displays memory and CPU utilization on cisco devices. CPU

-- utilization will give a general idea of how busy the processor is.

-- The numbers are a ratio of the current idle time over the longest

-- idle time. Please note that this information should be used as an

-- estimate only.

Here is a list of the VHM MIBS:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/cscowork/ps2431/products_user_guide_chapter09186a0080087599.html#12913

SNMP MIB-II

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB

CPQHOST-MIB

CPQHLTH-MIB

CPQSM2-MIB

CPQNIC-MIB

CCM-MIB

ENTITY-MIB

IF-MIB

CISCO-ENTITY-FRU-CONTROL-MIB

CISCO-STACK-MIB

CISCO-PROCESS-MIB

CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB

CISCO-ENVMON-MIB

SYS-APPL-MIB

This site is where you can search on the above MIBS for detailed descriptions:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/Mibbrowser/mibinfo.pl?tab=4

HTH

Mike

Any idea where I can get the Compaq MIBs to download into my NMS? I searched the Web and Compaq's site for them but have not been able to find the MIBs.

Sorry I meant the NAM (network anaylsis Module)... Not NMS :)

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: