cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset User "Busy" Indicator

tracey.marshall
Level 1
Level 1

This may sound like a strange request but does anyone know of any product that gives a physical indication when a headset user is on a call? This would prevent people assuming that, because they are not speaking, they are not on the line, and starting a conversation with them when they are actually listening to a caller.

Tracey

4 Replies 4

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

There are three kind of options for your issue.

1. Call waiting - You will hear a ring tone and the receiver will hear a beep tone for the second incoming call.

2. Call forward on busy - CFB - In this option if you have a second incoming line, the incoming second call will be forwarded to the seciond line and the caller ID vcan be viewed in the screen

3. Call busy - engaged tone you can hear when the caller is busy.

I dont think the feature is supported as of now

Thanks for your reply.

I don't think my problem description is very clear. We are trying to avoid people walking up to the desk of headset users and because the users are not speaking, the person starts a conversation.

I haven't heard of any product that would provide a physical indication at the desk of the user being busy.

Thanks anyway,

Tracey

Here you go Tracey,

The manual one is about half-way down on the left hand side of the page. The lift-n-talk may not physically work with the IP phones but I'm not sure.

http://www.call-waiting.net/store/phone_store_3.html

Thanks for your help! This should fix our problem.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: