cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rant about PIX Software Release Designations

dlac455
Level 1
Level 1

I have question about the behavior of PIX at 6.3.1. TAC's response is: it's in early deployment, insinuating that it is not fully supported, go back to last release. Looking at the software page, you have to go all the way back to 6.1 code train to get a general deployment. Thank you for the excellent support TAC. This reminds me of IBM in the late 80's.

1 Reply 1

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I apologize that this was the impression you got from the Cisco TAC in response to issues with 6.3(1). I assure you, 6.3(1) is a fully supported release and you should not need to go back to an earlier release unless we need to get you back working as a temporary work-around. Note, the temporary keyword here. General Deployment is a different ball of wax here as this is a specification for versions of software that have met several criteria (one of which is at least 6 months in the field) related to trends and DDTS (bugs) characteristics.

Again, sorry for the reponse you got in relation to these problems. You are always welcome to ask for the Duty Manager in cases where you think the answers you are getting a bad or wrong. Have a nice day.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card