cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink and QOS

dave-oconnor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I've a quick question, we are going to use mlppp to make a 3 meg pipe out of 2 t1's, but now we have been asked to take some of that bandwidth to use for out of band management, for example telnet, ftp, etc, we would need about 256k for this type of traffic, which would be the best way to do this, CAR, QOS etc, the current peak on the link is 2.3 meg. The current data is Multicast Traffic. And it is very important that we don't affect the performance of the multicast traffic.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Dave

2 Replies 2

dave-oconnor
Level 1
Level 1

Also we have 2600 routers, will CAR etc work on this platform.

Hello Dave,

I would configure Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing, you can configure a class for each traffic type and assign bandwidth or precedence to the class. Here is a link to how to configure CBWFQ;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a0080087a84.html

CAR is, to my best knowledge, only supported on the 7000, 7200, and the 7500 series.

Regards,

Georg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: