Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

MCS 7835 Call Manager no disk space

Unanswered Question
Oct 21st, 2003
User Badges:

We have a MCS 7835 server with a 18.2Gbyte drive. It's close to running out of disk space. There is a file that is 3Gbytes in size called CDR.DMP and it's on the C:\ root directory and gets modified when the backup takes place. On another Call Manager it's in C:\sti\Backup\CM\callmanagername\ directory which I think is the default location.

I want to change the location of where this file gets written, eg to a network drive, but don't know where you specifiy the location. Does anyone know?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
pbarman Tue, 10/21/2003 - 04:53
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The CDR.dmp will most likely be written on the local machine itself, and if it keeps growing in size with each backup, there is a bug for this.

CSCdv44292 Bug Details

SYMPTOMS: CallManager available hard drive space diminishing over time

CONDITIONS: Locating the files CCM030x.DMP and CDR.DMP in particular will yield

dramatically growing size over time.

WORKAROUND: If hard drive space is at a premium, the CDR.DMP and CCM030x.DMP files

may be removed once the MCS.TAR / MCS.STI file has been physically backed up and verified.

scoe Wed, 10/22/2003 - 00:59
User Badges:

Thanks, I already found that. But if you delete these files they just get created the same size the next time the backup is run. What I want to do is change the location where it gets written to a network drive. Do you know how I would do that?

d.haeni Wed, 10/22/2003 - 06:44
User Badges:

In case you don't need a backup of the Call Detail Records (CDRs), you should disable it.

Right-click the backup tool -> configure settings -> uncheck the "include Database Option" (its within the CDR Database option on the CallManager tab)

The CDR.dmp creation will then be skipped during the backup process

/David

dugrant Wed, 10/22/2003 - 09:25
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Also, you should limit the number of CDR records you allow to be saved. Set this under Service Parameters -> DBL -> Max CDR Records

Actions

This Discussion