Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco LEAP extensions in Centrino integrated wireless cards

kimlong
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I downloaded the current drivers for the wireless NIC from Dell. I'm using the configuration GUI that comes with it. I'm not getting very far when I try to connect to the AP.

I am wondering if I have to use the Cisco Client to configure the NIC? Or is the GUI that comes with the laptop (Intel(R)ProSet) the one to use?

Thanks,

Kim

2 Replies 2

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Kim,

Does the GUI that you have the option to enable Cisco LEAP and configure it ? If so that should be ok to use.

The Cisco ACU is only designed to work with a Cisco card.

If you think you have it configured correctly and it is not working then run the EAP debugs/diags on the AP and see where it is getting to in the process

David

Hi,

Thanks for the input. After enabling/disabling various options, and contacting Dell, we came to the conclusion that it won't work.

Even though the Dell website claims it is interoperable, the wireless tech support person I spoke to when I opened a case said, "We just tell people it doesn't support LEAP because it doesn't work".

So, the only way I could get it to work was to disable MIC and "Cisco" on the AP Security Settings/VLAN and leave them at

none. On the client side, I enabled all the Cisco extensions, and included a login id and password.

I could see the authentication process on our ACS working and the client would be associated and authenticated on the AP.

Kim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: