Views
Helpful
Replies

num-exp problem

Timothy Graham
Level 1
Level 1

hello all,

I have a problem with num-exp. The num-exp part works fine and route the incoming call correctly. The problem is that on the IP Phone the number showing that the incoming call is from is the number they dial that gets convert in the num-exp command.

example:-

num-exp 123456 9876

An external caller on number 555555 calls 123456 which get converted to 9876 the call is routed to phone 9876 but on the phone it shows the call come from 123456 instead of 555555.

Hope that makes sence.

I am sure I have seen a fix for this somewhere but can not fine it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Tim

6 Replies 6

allan.thomas
Level 8
Level 8

Have you specified either direct-inward-dial or incoming called-number . in your dial-peer. This enables DID call treatment for an incoming called number.

Allan,

The direct-inward-dial is in the dial-peers.

Thanks

Tim

Do you know for certain whether CLI is being presented. If you debug isdn q931 you should be able to see the setup messages, and if CLI is presented you should see this within the setup information.

Hello,

Yes have checked the trace and it is being pasted by BT to the router.

Tim

I have come across issues in the past where direct inward-dial does not work in some IOS, and as a work around I configured incoming called-number . (DOT)

num-exp is a clunky way of translating numbers.

Best to use IOS translation rules -

translation-rule 1

rule 0 ^1234567 8888888

(the ^ means start of digit string)

voice-port 1/0:15

translate called 1

Any call that comes in on voice-port 1/0:15 with a called number of 1234567 will have the DNIS changed to 8888888

to get around the problem with an incorrect calling number, create a dial peer like this and make sure it is the very first POTS dial peer in the router config -

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incomng called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 1/0:15

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: