cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed IOS update

vberrebi
Level 1
Level 1

I was in the process of upgrading my 2950 IOS from 12.1(9) to 12.1(14) but the process failed on reboot. It is now booting to the switch: prompt and getting "unable to stat flash/: permission denied" when the switch tries to load the new IOS. I reset the boot parameter to load off the old image but still getting permission errors. I cant even view the flash dir. How can I regain my perms so I can load the new IOS? I already followed the procedures in the recovery doc's but again I am unable to complete some tasks due to permissions.

2 Replies 2

Hello,

You are in ROM MON mode on the switch. You need to run the suggested commands

flash_init

load_helper

boot

once you do a flash_init and load_helper you can use the ? to see what commands are available. You will probably need to load an image onto your switch using xmodem before it will boot properly. You might also want to try to reseat your flash module in the switch.

Regards,

Georg

I have issued those commands. Even after, I am having permission issues. None. I tried to xmodem the updated IOS but the session closes. As far as resetting the flash module, can you assist?

thanx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: