cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST in Callmanager 3.3

mreilly
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to use the srst feature in callmanager 3.3, but I am confused by the choices in device pool. You can create your srst definition under srst, or use the default gateway. What are the benefits of using the definition? Since cm 3.0 I always made the default gateway for my remote sites the srst router, using the scope options in dhcp. If I choose use dg in the device pool, do I have to put the ip of the router in the scope options.

2 Replies 2

munatara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Prior to CallManager 3.3, the phones will register in SRST mode only with the default gateway. The benefit from 3.3 is that you can have your phones to register in SRST mode to a different router which may not be its default gateway. No additional config is needed in your scopes.

SRST references in 3.3 provides you with the flexibility of providing redundancy. For example, you can distribute which SRST gateway the phones register to.

Once you've configured your SRST gateways, you simply configure the SRST reference within CCM, and configure the device pools to point to one or the other reference. SRST 2.1 provides support upto 250 DNs, and distributing them over two separate gateways is a safer option.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: