cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 340 Bridge upgrade to IOS in the near future?

Jason_Appel
Level 1
Level 1

I have an Aironet 340 wireless bridge, and I would really like to implement 802.1x authentication. While the 340 Access Points have upgrades to the IOS, the bridges do not. The latest firmware I've been able to find is 8.8. Any plans to release an IOS based version?

3 Replies 3

I have a 340AP and I asked the question as to whether the IOS upgrade for the 350AP would also work on the 340. Everyone has said it won't work, even though the VxWorks image for the 340 & 350AP's is the same. The release notes state:

Cisco Aironet 340 Series Access Points do not support IOS software. Do not attempt to load the upgrade image on 340 series access points.

Anyone tried it? I am loathed to attempt it and kill the 340AP.

Andy

Jason_Appel
Level 1
Level 1

FYI: The wireless software ceneter (http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-wireless.shtml) lists Release 12.03T with Cisco Wireless Security Suite. 06/2003 for 340 APs. Have you tryed this version?

My problem is that I have a bridge, not an AP.

Jason

I am currently running VxWorks version 12.0(3)T but this has all the WEB-based management and I would prefer command-line IOS, plus some of the newer stuff has only been added to IOS and not VxWorks.

If anyone has tried upgrading a 340AP with the 350AP IOS upgrade I would be interested to know your results.....

Andy

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card