cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM Call processing bandwidth?

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

If I have two sites Site A and B connected by T1 and I put Callmanagers in Site A but not site B, and both sites have local Voice gateways that all calls go out through what would the bandwidth for the call processing communication be? I would deploy SRST at site B…

7 Replies 7

azam_anwar
Level 2
Level 2

Depends on what codec you use over the link.

Have a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a00800b6710.shtml

Thst would be for the actual calls.. here the calls will go out the local voice gateways only... Im wondering about CCM Data between phones and voice gateways....

0.5Kbps per phone between phone and Call Managers. Phone<-> gateway is just bearer path (rtp) which is detailed in the previous document.

Is that per active phone or total phones?

if I have 100 Phones total does that mean I need 50kbs, or if I have 10 active at one time does that mean 5kbs?

It is .5kbps for signalling, and applies to every phone that is registered.

The bearer (rtp) stream would be added in addition to the signalling.

Ok so is this just when there is an active call or a interaction with CCM or all the time... In otherwords if I have 100 phones will I see a constant data stream of 50kbs on the T1 line????

I think the 0.5 Kbps is just a design guide.

In reality, an idle phone will only send and receive a heartbeat message every x seconds (x is configurable and is usually every 30s). The amount of bandwidth is not significant- pretty much 0kbps.

During call setup/teardown there are more packets sent/received between the phones and CCM- maybe 2kbps for a couple of seconds each time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: