cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

End-User hears On-hold music when agent ringing, can this be changed?

ben.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I have a request from a customer for the end-user, when calling the queue, to hear the agent phone ringing instead of on-hold music. Is this possible? (I understand the reasons for hearing on-hold music and have explained this to the customer) Thanks.

3 Replies 3

dugrant
Level 4
Level 4

No, this isnt possible becaue in order to hear the ringback, the script would have to complete the transfer.

At that point, the script cant pull the caller back if the agent is gone. Even if you were willing to give up this functionality, its hardcoded into the product.

CCampbell_2
Level 1
Level 1

We wanted to hear silence while the phone rang. What I did was record nothing in a wave file and then changed the Network Hold Audio Source to the silent wav file on the CTI Ports. If it were done right it might not sound too cheesy to record the ring and use that as your network hold audio source.

jeremy.rogers
Level 1
Level 1

Im not sure if you ever solved your problem with the hold music but I thought I would pop this in. Instead of recording a blank wav file you can take one of the ringback.wav files from the call manager and use that as the network hold audio source for the CTI ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: