cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access denied to IDS MC after upgrading to 4.1.2-s58

jodr
Level 1
Level 1

On Friday the 7th, I did the upgrade of four of our appliance IDS sensors. No problem. Afterwards I did the upgrade on the IDS MC and at the next logon, I did't have any access anymore to IDS MC and Security Monitor :

'You are not authorized to request the Action associated with screenID: "/s510"' or 'You are not authorized to request the Action associated with screenID: "/s550"' depending on the screen I want to access.

Now there seems to be an issue with authentication via ACS (TACACS+) in combination with fall-back to CS local authentication. However disabling fall-back or ACS doesn't solve the problem. Before this upgrade we didn't have this problem (of course).

We are talking to our supplier and a case has already been opened, but after a week, we don't have a solution yet.

This is really urgent, because we don't have any access to our events anymore.

The IDS MC still is generating reports and sending emails to us. So it's a pure access problem, I think.

Rather peculiar is that we can't change also the AAA server in the VMS (IDS MC) administration. It always wants to check with a TACACS+ server even if we configured the CS local authentication in the CS security setup.

Best regards,

Johan Derycke.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

Johan,

If you have not done so alreacy, go to

VMS>Administration>Configuration>AAA Server Re-Synchronize and make sure it is set to Cisco Works Local.

Thanks,

Chad

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

csailer
Level 1
Level 1

Johan,

If you have not done so alreacy, go to

VMS>Administration>Configuration>AAA Server Re-Synchronize and make sure it is set to Cisco Works Local.

Thanks,

Chad

Thanks, Chad ! This was really the answer and solution we needed.

I did the following :

- change the security setting in CW common services to use the local database

- goto VMS administration/AAA server

- synchronize --> AAA server was changed to CS local database and we got access to IDS MC again !

- go back to the security setting in CW CS and change back to TACACS+

So now we have access again to IDS MC and security monitor. However this seems to me a rather strange behaviour. We login to CW CS via TACACS+, but the VMS AAA server is set to CS local database. The user I use to login is known to the local database, but uses not the same authentication method.

Anyhow, it's working and we are very thankful for this answer !

Johan Derycke

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: