Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

ciscoworks2k :How to upgrade the device type in campus manager

Answered Question
Nov 27th, 2003
User Badges:

Hi all, Campus manager dicovers all my device BUT I've 3 WS-C2950G-48-EI switches and capus manager sees these as "CiscoProduct.429" instead as C2950G-48.

How can I upgrade ?

thx

Correct Answer by Martin Ermel about 13 years 8 months ago

Hi,

before installing IDU v.3.0 for Campus, you must install the update for CMF 2.1; You see CMF 2.1 enabled because it is installed and you are using it (the same with CM 3.2).As with Campus, you also must install an IDU for CMF. The name of the package is: CMF21.IDU.v3-0.win.exe and you can download it from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus

The problem is, that you must install the IDU for CMF before installing the one for CM.

regards,

Martin

Overall Rating: 3 (2 ratings)
rmushtaq Thu, 11/27/2003 - 17:37
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

What is the Campus Manager version?

kloomans Sun, 11/30/2003 - 23:35
User Badges:

Thanks, But on installation of IDU3.0 I get the following error :"please instal common management foundation 2.1 IDU 3.0 before install CM IDU3.0"

But On About the server-tab I see that common management foundation 2.1 is enabled. What can I do ?

Correct Answer
Martin Ermel Mon, 12/01/2003 - 04:19
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

Hi,

before installing IDU v.3.0 for Campus, you must install the update for CMF 2.1; You see CMF 2.1 enabled because it is installed and you are using it (the same with CM 3.2).As with Campus, you also must install an IDU for CMF. The name of the package is: CMF21.IDU.v3-0.win.exe and you can download it from: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cw2000-campus

The problem is, that you must install the IDU for CMF before installing the one for CM.

regards,

Martin

Actions

This Discussion