cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

basic rate isdn

meehanian
Level 1
Level 1

I have two router 2620 and 2621 talking to each other over isdn basic rate I can only get connectivity from the 2621 side. ON the 2620 side the isdn dials out connects but the ping does not go through. All the routes are in place the configurations are basically identically , but I can't what's preventing the data from through. What I did notice though, is that when the 2620 makes the call and it connects the 2621 is also attempting to call it back why I don't know . I would really appreciate any input.

1 Reply 1

Hello,

I had a similar problem a while ago, it had to do with the internal phone system that would not send out the ISDN number, but rather a general extension, which confused the router at the one end. Can you do a ´show isdn active´ and check if the called and calling numbers actually match what you have configured ? Also, can you post your configs ?

Regards,

Georg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: