I've added a second one, but it only uses the first

entry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If this is the latest Campus 3.3 version, then yes, you can add multiple strings in ANI. See 'Enabling Multiple Community Strings': http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/camp_mgr/camp_3x/cmgr_3_3/u_guide/ani.htm#1031763

Thank you.

So, 3.1 does not allow multiple commuinty strings?

No.

However there is still the issue of adding devices with only the read community string (i.e., an external router, pix, etc), in which you don't want an SNMP write community string. CW2K returns the following error when you try saving "Write Community cannot be empty!"

As your referenced article states, "If you do not specify the write community string for the specific target, the default value, public, is used." Leads us to another problem, when device credentials are imported into RME from ANI, they overwrite the device credentials in RME. Which then puts these devices (with no write community string) into an error status under "View Check Results" or "Import status" in RME.

The only way I've found around this problem is to not send device credentials to/from ANI and RME. Also edit the ANISNMP.CONF file manually to add the devices with no SNMP Write community string.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: