cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Softkeys in 3.3.3 with 79xx phones

npaece
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to create a custom action for one of the 4 softkeys. We want to use one of those keys as a 1 touch dial to our campus public safety office. Does anyone have any experience with this? I checked in the IP Phone Services SDK and didn't see anything in there to do this exactly.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

dafydd.baldwin
Level 1
Level 1

I asked basically the same question and was told that you can not create your own softkeys. If anyone out there knows differntly then I would be interested also.

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

You could create a XML-service where you can create a softkey that dials to a number, and put that service as a idle-url.....

Sascha

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

if you have 7960 phones why not make one line a speed dial?

Geoff

We tried the Idle URL solution but users were annoyed with having to hit the Exit button to dial and also with having their line descriptions blocked.

We do run both 7960s and 7940's, aboiut 500 of each. I need a solution that would work for both. Many of our users have all 6 lines used on their 7960's, and all have both lines used on their 7940's.

Thanks for your suggestions!

It would not be true one-button dialing, but you could configure a fast dial "service" that they could use. They would hit the "services" button then choose the option (read something like speed dials) then choose the number they want. 3 button dialing. I use this for my company and users like it.

Geoff

Hi:

The way to resolve this is problem is configuring speed dial if you have 7940 or 7960

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: