cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH problem

ngorenko
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we installed IPT pilot, that we integrated with existing classical phones.

I configured MOH with multicast. It works between IP phones, but if I call from classical phone or from the softphone to IP phone, I do not hear any music, when I placed the call on hold.

Does somebody have any ideas why it does not work?

Thanks for the help

6 Replies 6

mjordy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure that your Softphone device(s) and your gateway(s) have all been configured with Media Resource Group Lists and User and Network Hold Audio Sources. This parameters are required for all endpoint and gateway devices in order for MoH to work. These can be configured at the device level or can be configured on the Device Pool these devices are assigned to.

Also, make sure that you specified a large enough Max. Hop count on your multicast MoH resources to ensure that your multicast streams can reach the Softphone and gateway devices.

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

jorgerod
Level 1
Level 1

Are you running different CODECS by default CCM only runs the G711Ulaw stream of the MOH via multicast. You have to configure the system to run streams for G729 also if you are running different CODECS in your intallation.

Jorge

Hi Jorge,

I think the problem exactly in this, while for softphones we use G.729. And only with softphone, MOH does not work.

How I can configure the system to run streams for G729?

br, Natalia

Natalia,

MoH codec(s) is configured under System Parameters. Select the server and the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service. Codec for MoH is set toward the bottom of this configuration screen under Clusterwide Parameters. The parameter is "Supported MoH Codecs". To select multiple codecs, hold down the CTRL key and click on the appropriate codecs. Keep in mind that G.729 has been optimized for speech and therefore the quality of MoH at G.729 is marginal.

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature

Hi Jordy,

I configured the CCM as you mentioned, but MOH still does not work. May be it is problem with softphone application?

br, Natalia

Natalia,

MoH should work for the Softphone. I would try restarting the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App service (under the Control Center) and/or reseting the MoH servers (on the MoH server cofiguration screen)if you haven't already done so after adding the G729 codec.

Thanks,

Jordy

Response Signature