cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Client 4 blue screens Acer TravelMate Running W2K

mklaphek
Level 1
Level 1

I have tried two different versions of the Cisco VPN Client (both of them Version 4 flavors), and the Acer TravelMate will Blue Screen after installation. If I boot to Safe Mode and uninstall the Client, the machine works fine. The machine is running Windows 2000.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you to to solve it? Any help is appreciated. Thanks! Mike

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

There are known issues with blue screen symptoms with VPN client. There are several bugs on 4.0 which may cause a blue screen: CSCdt31839, CSCdx57930, CSCal01761, CSCdx11597. These are only a few known issues regarding a blue screen on a windows machine. Check if there are others with Acer too using the Bug toolkit available on cisco.com/tac.

Thanks for the reply! I used version 3.x and it's working fine. I wonder if it has to do with the installation of the virtual adapter in version 4.x that's causing the problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: