Views
Helpful
Replies

Vlan Tgs one one interface

n.modarresi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

suppose there is one ethernet interface contains traffics that comes from different sources( better to say there are aggregated from E1 lines),now i want to find a way to diffrentiate these traffics by VLAN TAGS, is it possible to differentiate traffics by vlan id , is there any switching method to differentiate traffics and capbale to put vlan id to traffics coming from one interface?

thx in advance

2 Replies 2

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

I am not sure that I fully understand what you are asking here, but the only way to differentiate traffic by VLAN on a router is to configure a VLAN trunk with subinterfaces for the different VLANs otherwise VLAN information is removed before presenting it to the router.

This is the case:

putting different VLAN IDs to traffics coming from one interface.i think trunking is a way to alow different trafics to come form one interface ,but this case is creating VLANs on one interface.

TIA

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: