Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Odd configuration required

Unanswered Question
Dec 10th, 2003
User Badges:

I am trying to get round a problem with some voice switches. To do this I need to receive calls in on one E1 and send them out on a second E1 on an AS5300.

I have tried a 2 pots dial-peers with a number I am trying to get round a problem with some voice switches. To do this I need to receive calls in on one E1 and send them out on a second E1 on an AS5300.

I have tried 2 pots dial-peers with a number translation inbound to send it to the outbound pots dial-peer that then strips the steering digits but this does not seem to work.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
azam_anwar Wed, 12/10/2003 - 08:09
User Badges:

I had a similar problem, although not using an AS5300. We had to get our Telco to direct all incoming calls to go via one E1, and all outgoing via a 2nd one. By default, they had all traffic going through the single E1.

You could then utilise MRG/MRGL for resilience.

pacameron Thu, 12/11/2003 - 14:27
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

We would need to see you configs to see exactly how you are doing things, but doing POTS hairpinning (sometimes called TDM switching) works and is normally quite easy to do.

Have a look here for an example of TDM switching -

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/788/signalling/tdm-switching.html

This example uses as AS5400, which has the advantage that for ISDN calls , you do not need any SPE (DSP) resources as the call is switched by looking at the D channel signalling and the connection is made on the router TDM backplane.

If you can paste your configs here and give us more details about how you want the calls to be switched we can see what advice we can give.

Actions

This Discussion