Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing Password using VPN client

sunilyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have implemented VPN access on PIX firewall for remote users. We use RADIUS server. Once the user password is expired, the user can not get in and the administrator has to reset the password.

Is there any way by which the user will get the prompt that his password is expired and he should be able to change the password while using the VPN client ???

Regards,

4 Replies 4

nikhil_m
Level 1
Level 1

I don't think so this is possible...

Has this been fixed? One of the main reasons we haven't moved to the Cisco SSL is that we have a requirment for users to be able to reset or change expired passwords. It's the main reason we went with Juniper SSL VPN, because that feature is available from them.

nitinaga
Level 1
Level 1

were you using ipsec connections on PIX. if that is the case, please let me know the code that you are running on PIX.

No, I'm talking specifically the SSL VPN connections, not IPSEC. I think I've read other posts that say that with ASA Version 8.x you are able to supply a password reset feature for SSL VPN users. I hope so ... but will be testing this soon.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: