cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Softphone and Microsoft Outlook

rjain
Level 1
Level 1

I want to see all the contacts of the microsoft outlook into the softphone address book. How can you do that? can you import the outlook into the Softphone address book or do we have another way of doing it.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

trailman73
Level 4
Level 4

there is a contact synchronizer in ccm. it is not in the softphone directory, but close.

Cisco IP Phone Address Book Synchronizer allows users to synchronize their Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express address books with Cisco Personal Address Book. The Synchronizer provides two-way synchronization between the Microsoft and Cisco products. Once installed and Cisco Personal Address Book has been configured, users access this feature from the Cisco IP Phone Configuration web page.

You could also use the "dial from outlook" feature.

Geoff

I know that i can dial from the outlook. But I have the situation where I have remote users with Citirx and they want to dial the number. As we can't configure the softphone in citrix , I want to import contact list from Microsoft outlook into softphone. will it be possible?

Thanks for the reply.

i ahve not tried it, but it is a LDAP database i don't see why not. try using this doc and change user names and see what you get:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps1860/products_tech_note09186a0080111a2b.shtml

Geoff

But the above link shows the users in the call manager database not contact from the Microsoft Outlook. How can I import the databse from microsoft outlook into the Softphone database or the call manager databse.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: