Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX firewall & Extreme Switch - Internet Brosing problem

azharmd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

could any one let me know the way of this --- Am facing a problem with PIX & extreme switch , When i point my Web Server default gateway to my PIX firewall inside ip address ,my browsing and email works fine , but when i point it to the L3 switch of Extreme network then no browsing , no email --- I can say it confirm that Nothing wrong with PIX configuration .... is the way we need to do something in Extreme Switch ...

Thanks

6 Replies 6

tvanginneken
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

what is the default gateway of the extreme L3 switch? I think it should be the pix in your setup.

Regards,

Tom

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It seems to me some arp issue. May be PIX is proxy arping for your default gateway as well.

try "sysopt noproxyarp inside"

Thanks

Nadeem

My pix inside ip is 10.0.0.11 /16

My L3 extreme Switch is 10.0.100.1 /16

When i point my Web server Default gateway to PIX inside then browsing is fine , email is ok but

when i point my Web server default gateway to L3 switch (which all are in Same VLAN) no internet no email......

I feel there is some comapatibility issue between cisco and Extreme network .... and i need to do something on PIX or L3 switch any suggestions..

Hi,

maybe you could enable logging and see what the error messages are.

To enable logging to a syslog server:

logging host inside

logging trap debug

logging on

(ps, free syslog server available at: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/)

I would also like to repeat my previous question:

what is the default gateway of the Extreme Switch?

Kind Regards,

Tom

yes the default gateway of Exteme Switch is PIX firewall Inside IP address

Hi,

did you try to configure the syslog logging? The logging should tell you what is going wrong.

Regards,

Tom

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card