cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 350 card with IAS and PEAP

cneville
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Win 2000 server running IAS with a Cisco 1200 running 12.2(13)JA1 IOS software. I am using Win XP with SP1. I am using PEAP

I can get everything to work fine using an Avaya gold card.

When I switch to my Cisco 350 card, the pc associates to my AP and starts trying to authenticate. After a short time, I get the 169 ip address yoe get when a DHCP server is not available and it finally fails. I am using the latest drivers for the Cisco 350. I have set up the XP wireless network connection and then unchecked the Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings.

I am at a loss and wondered if anyone had this working and if so what am I doing wrong.

2 Replies 2

b.tay
Level 1
Level 1

That means that you are using Cisco ACU Client with Cisco PEAP supplicant installed right ?

a) 1st Authentication ==> Wireless Open/Shared Authentication

2nd Authentication ==> 802.1x PEAP authentication

if suspect authenticationphase , check IOS, Radius Server, User Database logs.

b) DHCP requests will only happen after authentication is successful.

if suspect DHCP, check DHCP relay, FW, VLAN. look at the following too :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314994

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826942

Do a manual ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew get a ip address to ensure wireless connectivity is up and running.

As b.tay says, you MUST use the Cisco PEAP supplicant (which you can find on in the directories produce when you unzip the ACU install). Then, in the Wireless Networking Properties dialogue box, select your wireless connextion and then from the properties of that connection, check 802.1x authentication (obviously) and select PEAP from the drop down. Then, also check the "Authenticate as Computer" option on the same page. Then click the properties button. From the next page, check "Validate Server Certificate" and then from the drop down box, select the name of your CA.

If all your Authentication server etc is working correctly, that will work!!

Have fun

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card