cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intel centrino and CCX

c.tenley
Level 1
Level 1

I currently am using a HP tablet with a CCX compatible intel proset utility. I can log in to my tablet and network fine when I use an estbablished account on the workstation. But if I try to log in using a LANID that does not have a local account already established on the machine I can not log in. I have to physically set up the users account in the contoll panel for them finally log in. I do not have this problem when using Cisco WNICs.

Any insight would be great

8 Replies 8

rmiles
Level 1
Level 1

What method of authentication are you using (LEAP, PEAP, etc)? It sounds like you are not authenticating to your domain at login, therefore only local machine accounts work?

Using a Cisco card and ACU allows you to authenticate using the supplied Windows password. If you use another card and client like Funk Odyssey you must enable the GINA module before you can logon to a domain.

I am using LEAP. I have tested the Odyssey client and know about the option to enable the GINA module. I think the problem is Intel has yet to incorporate the ability to use the supplied windows password to log on to machines using the Intel Proset utility. The client utility starts up after you log on locally to the machine.

So, with the Odyssey client does it not attempt to run at the Windows logon? Do you have to use the Intel Proset utility?

We are using the Intel Pro/wireless 2100 adapters because they are CCX compliant and are standard with the new tablets that we are ordering. Unlike the Cisco ACU and the Odyssey client, the Intel Proset utiltiy does not start up until you log in locally to the machine. This is a major problem if the tablets were to be used between multiple physicians. Profiles for every individual physician must be created locally on the Tablets for the PHds to use them.

I thought we would save some money by not having to buy an external WNIC or client utiltiy. Unfortunately this has caused a bigger headache.

We are using intel pro 3100 adaptor using CCX complaint.User login as local administrator, but are able to assoicate to some cisco acess point but not all acess point. all the Firmware is 12.04

what could be the cause of the problem..?

Need expert advise,

Regards

Mc

matthiasgoodman
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Motion tablets with Intel PROSET/Wireless just fine. We use machine certificates for auth though. We have a common/persistent profile. We had to set the directory where the certs are kept to read access for all users and we had to change the GP timeout registry key to give enough time for association and authentication to work. This has seemed to be the best way to work for us.

Hi,

can U share with us the machine certificate. What CA server are U using a how to go about it. How do U create the machine certifcate, Thanks again for sharing.

Mc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card