cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY TTS - How do I point it to the right mailbox?

erik.stillman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Perhaps a silly query but how do I direct UNITY to my subscriber's inbox on a *different* exchange server. We are not using the exchange server on UNITY for email but we want to enable text-to-speech.

Please advise - thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

A Unity subscriber can't be associated with more than one Exchange mailbox -- I think that maybe you are trying to do that but I can't tell for sure. The email needs to be in the same mailbox associated with the Unity subscriber, the Unity server must be licensed for TTS and the subscriber class of service must all it to use TTS. Unity can't look for voicemail in one mailbox and email in another -- that just isn't how it works.

The mailbox being on a different server doesn't mean that Unity can't service it. Assuming you have Exchange 2000 or 2003 you can important the mailbox as long as it is in the same Org in to Unity. If you have Exchange 5.5 they need to be in the same site within the same Org.

Hope this helps...

Keith

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

A Unity subscriber can't be associated with more than one Exchange mailbox -- I think that maybe you are trying to do that but I can't tell for sure. The email needs to be in the same mailbox associated with the Unity subscriber, the Unity server must be licensed for TTS and the subscriber class of service must all it to use TTS. Unity can't look for voicemail in one mailbox and email in another -- that just isn't how it works.

The mailbox being on a different server doesn't mean that Unity can't service it. Assuming you have Exchange 2000 or 2003 you can important the mailbox as long as it is in the same Org in to Unity. If you have Exchange 5.5 they need to be in the same site within the same Org.

Hope this helps...

Keith

Thanks Keith. That really helps.

Are there any white papers out there or case studies that talk about importing the mailboxes?

Thank you,

Erik.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: