cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple MS PPTP Clients behind PAT device/ single source address

eric.cote
Level 4
Level 4

I have read several posts about this not working when connecting to a VPN Concentrator. Not to mention I am experiencing first hand. Is anyone familar with why it work with MS-RRAS?

I have searched and searched for related documentation but I can not seems to find anything related why it works with MS-RRAS and not with Cisco Concentrators.

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Multiple PPTP connections from a single source address does not work when connecting to a PIX or a VPN3000, it does work when connecting to a router though.

There's no specific reason why it doesn't work other than the fact it didn't work at one point and has never been fixed. Call it a bug if you like. There is some specific coding that needs to be done so the PIX/VPN3xxx can detemine which end client the traffic should go to, considering they all seem to be from the same source address, and basically this has never been done, probably due to other features, time restrictions, lack of business need, lack of customer requests, etc.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: