cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Display Name in Bulk

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Customer had Exchange Display Name setup as First Name Last Name. Well...the Unity Subscriber Template was setup as Last Name, First Name. Needless to say the companies Exchange display names were switched around. This was not caught until the users mailboxes were set up so I can't delete them all and re-import. Any thoughts on the best way to change this? I have been searching around in Exchange documentation.

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you just want to do this for all subscribers and then force a synch to the directory, that's pretty easy - there's a stored procedure setup for making changes to subscribers that will also take care of the synch to the directory for you - what version of Unity are you using? If it's 4.0(2) or 4.0(3) this is a piece of cake - earlier versions require a bit more leg work to kick off the synch cleanly.

Actually, I'm getting ready to hop on a plane here in about half an hour - I'll be back Tuesday evening - I can add this option to Bulk Edit (seems like a good feature anyway) and have QA test it on Wednesday and post it if you can wait that long.

I am using 4.03. I directly made changes to the subsriber db. It changed the Unity display name but not exchange. I will keep playing around with it but I will look for that stored procedure. thanks for response and have a safe trip.

I'm back - I'll make that change to Bulk Edit today - if you want an early copy to test out, email me at lindborg@cisco.com and I'll shoot you a copy - otherwise it'll go through QA and get posted to CiscoUnityTools.com in a week or so.

If you make the change to the display name in SQL it wont "stick" since we'll pull in the display name from the directory when a change is made to that person in AD. If you want to go that route you need to make the change in SQL and then force a synch to have Unity "push" the changes in the local SQL database into the directory. You can do this through a stored procedure or you can run the configuration setup with the "/sync" command line option to do a full push.

You can get more information on the stored procedures for this stuff on the documents on www.CiscoUnityTools.com - there's a doc there called "programatic administration of Unity" that'll tell you everything you need to know if you want to do this yourself.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: