VIC-2FXS TROUBLESHOOTING

Unanswered Question
Jan 18th, 2004
User Badges:

I recently purchased a VIC-2FXS card for my Cisco 2610, and it does not give me a dialtone nor is it detected by the IOS. I do not have a plus feature set installed yet, as I am waiting for more DRAM for my router. Both orange lights are on. Is it a problem with the card (I purchased it used on ebay), or will not having the right IOS cause the card not to function?

Thanks

Oliver

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jasyoung Sun, 01/18/2004 - 14:50
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

You will definitely need the IP Plus feature set to support voice hardware on the 2600 platform.

Please also note that on the 2600 platform, you can NOT put the VIC-2FXS and most similar voice hardware in the 2600's onboard WIC slots. You need an NM-2V module or similar to provide DSP resources, and you install the VIC-2FXS in the NM-2V module.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_tech_note09186a0080094ac0.shtml

Always use caution when buying hardware from eBay. For the most part, vendors are reputable and reliable, but there are documented cases of counterfeit WIC/VIC hardware - hardware not made by Cisco - which have been known to not work properly.

Actions

This Discussion