Cisco Call Manager vs. Avaya

Unanswered Question
Jan 18th, 2004

Hi,

we are right now giving a proposal to one of our clients for a new system for their IP contact center.

Our competition is offering Avaya IP solution, while we would like to push CCM.

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some help. How can I portray Cisco Call Manager as a best possible solution over Avaya?

Where would be a good place to find this kind of information? I am pretty certain that I am not the first one to try to sell Cisco and Avaya is competing against us, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JEFF

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shamilton-wilkes Sun, 01/18/2004 - 21:29

Do you know which Avaya solution it is?

I'm assuming it's small (<75 agents) in which case it will be Compact Call Center on their IP400 platform.

Avaya disadvantages that spring to mind are:

Physical handset required in call center (and their phones don't have a pass-through Ethernet port)

Little conferencing capability/call recording/maxes at 75 agents so limited expansion compared with IPCC Express/any IVR is extra/more limited redundancy than CCM, though IPCC Express hasn't got any yet either.

Head to head Cisco comes out slightly more expensive but with more features, I don't know whether Cisco Capital operate in Japan, but in the US their leasing helps to close deals.

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted January 18, 2004 at 7:20 PM
Stats:
Replies:1 Avg. Rating:
Views:561 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard