Cisco Call Manager vs. Avaya

Unanswered Question
Jan 18th, 2004

Hi,

we are right now giving a proposal to one of our clients for a new system for their IP contact center.

Our competition is offering Avaya IP solution, while we would like to push CCM.

I was wondering if someone could provide me with some help. How can I portray Cisco Call Manager as a best possible solution over Avaya?

Where would be a good place to find this kind of information? I am pretty certain that I am not the first one to try to sell Cisco and Avaya is competing against us, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

JEFF

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
shamilton-wilkes Sun, 01/18/2004 - 21:29

Do you know which Avaya solution it is?

I'm assuming it's small (<75 agents) in which case it will be Compact Call Center on their IP400 platform.

Avaya disadvantages that spring to mind are:

Physical handset required in call center (and their phones don't have a pass-through Ethernet port)

Little conferencing capability/call recording/maxes at 75 agents so limited expansion compared with IPCC Express/any IVR is extra/more limited redundancy than CCM, though IPCC Express hasn't got any yet either.

Head to head Cisco comes out slightly more expensive but with more features, I don't know whether Cisco Capital operate in Japan, but in the US their leasing helps to close deals.

Actions

This Discussion