cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Admin Cisco 1605 via dial up.

timeberhard
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to have a fail back method to remotely dial into my cisco 1605. I have read the modem-router configuration, and that didnt help me much. 1605's do not have a AUX port, So this would have to be a Console port kind of thing. Its a US robotics sportster modem. I am looking for a example config or a step by step howto, I have searched Cisco and google but I have yet to find anything that is helpful. Thanks for your help!

Tim

3 Replies 3

josrankin
Level 1
Level 1

Take a look at this document: "Attaching a US Robotics Modem to the Console Port of a Cisco Router"

It should provide the information you need.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/50.html

Hey thanks for replying, this is one artical I didnt try. I have tried 3-4 different ones now. This one looks promising. Ill hook up a 1605 I have sitting around and play with it while I'm still at work. Thanks again

Tim

timeberhard
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, using that guide I was able to atleast get the modem to pick up, unlike any other attempt. Now I have a black hyper terminal sitting infront of me. That will not accept commands, nor will it echo anything. But it says connected. If I kill power to the router it disconnects.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: