Views
Helpful
Replies

FE1,E1,PRI ISDN

mehrdad
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to know what's different between fractional E1 ,fractional PRI ISDN,E1 and PRI ISDN.

I would be appreciate if you help me.

Regards,

M.A.Rad

3 Replies 3

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

1. Fractional E1 - An E1 interface is presented to your equipment. Only some of the channels are active, and they are point-to-point channels.

2. Fractional PRI ISDN - An E1 is presented to your equipment. One of the channels (15, I think - I'm a Yank so I'm not sure) acts as the D channel for signalling between your equipment and the switch. Some, but not all (therefore "fractional") of the channels are used for end-to-end data on a per-call basis. These are called B channels

3. E1 - An E1 is presented to your equipment. All channels are available for your data on a point-to-point basis.

4. PRI ISDN - Same as 2 above, but all channels except the D channel are available as B channels.

HTH

Mark

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me , what's different between an E1 line and an E1 channelized line?

Regards,

M.A.Rad

An E1 line is simply 2 Mbps of data. E1 Channelized formats that 2 Mbps line in a standard fashion so that there are 30 64kbps channels on it. A multiplexer can use this format to turn up a number of these channels to the user.

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: