Views
Helpful
Replies

FE1,E1,PRI ISDN

mehrdad
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I want to know what's different between fractional E1 ,fractional PRI ISDN,E1 and PRI ISDN.

I would be appreciate if you help me.

Regards,

M.A.Rad

3 Replies 3

mark-obrien
Level 4
Level 4

1. Fractional E1 - An E1 interface is presented to your equipment. Only some of the channels are active, and they are point-to-point channels.

2. Fractional PRI ISDN - An E1 is presented to your equipment. One of the channels (15, I think - I'm a Yank so I'm not sure) acts as the D channel for signalling between your equipment and the switch. Some, but not all (therefore "fractional") of the channels are used for end-to-end data on a per-call basis. These are called B channels

3. E1 - An E1 is presented to your equipment. All channels are available for your data on a point-to-point basis.

4. PRI ISDN - Same as 2 above, but all channels except the D channel are available as B channels.

HTH

Mark

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me , what's different between an E1 line and an E1 channelized line?

Regards,

M.A.Rad

An E1 line is simply 2 Mbps of data. E1 Channelized formats that 2 Mbps line in a standard fashion so that there are 30 64kbps channels on it. A multiplexer can use this format to turn up a number of these channels to the user.

Mark