cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk Import Exchange Error

timforehand
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import some users into Unity 4.0(2) from Exchange 5.5 and I am receiving the following error in the error.log:

******************* Starting Import of Unified Subscribers ******************************

Started on January 24, 2004 at 13:53:01.

(Error)

Unable to find an Exchange 5.5 account for the subscriber being imported.

Subscriber record: XXXXX,XXXX,5013,USXXXXXX,2013

Error code: 0x80040356. Method: CMULoader::NewUnityAccount.

I am getting the same error on 14 accounts I am trying to import.

I have verified that all information is correct and an Exchange account exists.

More information:

I have tried to add these users using Add Subscriber and try to locate the account in Exchange where it could also not find it.

Thanks,

Tim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Turns out those recipients didn't have the "Allow Rich Text" raw property in Exchange 5.5 set to 1. Once we set that, he was able to import those recipients into Unity. CSCed61289 was filed to make the error more descriptive.

adam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sallwine
Level 1
Level 1

I see that you have not received a response on this ... though I do not know the error message necessarialy here is something that you might try to work around the issue.

I have seen similar issues and they usually have to do with users that had name changes etc, while they have been on Exchange and the name properties getting messed up. If you can figure out anything common between these 14 accounts, then post that and it may help us determine a cause or a work around.

It is odd that you cannot import them manually from Unity. Make sure that they do not have subscriber properties already (From Remove Subscriber Properties, do they have a 'Bunny' or a 'Globe' next to their account ... if 'Bunny' then they have subscriber properties somehow)

Possible workaround ----

Import those folks via CSV file

Another Possible workaround ---

Create a temporary user on a temporary mail account.

Once the user is created and imported into Unity, then use the migrate subscriber properties and try pushing the temporary subscriber (name, password, greeting, etc) to the valid user on Exchange 5.5

Then see if they show up properly in Unity.

The "Remove Subscriber Properties" tool only works with Exchange 2k/2k3. With Ex5.5, you just need to open the Exchange Administrator in raw mode and check those 14 mail recipients to see if there is a value for the "voice-mail-user" property.

The next place to look are the SQLSync files in [Drive]:\Commserver\Logs. A new one is generated every time the Bulk Import tool is run. That'll clue us in as to why we can't import those users. If that doesn't help, then you may need to open a TAC case and get us to peak into the box or look at the AvDsAD logs.

But before you open a TAC case, you need to verify the permissions of the accounts running the Unity services. Permissions issues are very, very common, and this looks like a shoe-in permissions issue.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/inst/inst402/ex/ig_140.htm

The above link is a break-down of the permissions that get set by the Permissions Wizard tool before you install or upgrade Unity. You need to make sure those permissions are in place and that these accounts aren't inheritting anything from above that conflicts and over-rides their needed permissions.

adam

Turns out those recipients didn't have the "Allow Rich Text" raw property in Exchange 5.5 set to 1. Once we set that, he was able to import those recipients into Unity. CSCed61289 was filed to make the error more descriptive.

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: