Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

3500 Switch is giving %RTD-1-LINK_FLAP

Unanswered Question
Jan 26th, 2004
User Badges:

Hi

we have problem connecting 3550 emi switch with 3500 switch In show logs i am get %RTD-1-LINK_FLAP error in 3500 series switch but i am not get these message in 3550 emi Switch And i have attached the show log of 3500 series switch.

Thanks

Nagalakshmi

Attachment: 
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
nagalakshmi_n2000 Mon, 01/26/2004 - 03:57
User Badges:

RTD-1-LINK_FLAP [chars] link down/up [dec] times per min

Explanation This message indicates that an excessive number of link down-up events has been noticed on this interface: [chars] is the interface, and [dec] is the number of times the link goes up and down. This might be the result of reconfiguring the port, or it might indicate a faulty device at the other end of the connection.

Action If someone is reconfiguring the interface or device at the other side of the interface, ignore this message. However, if no one is manipulating the interface or device at the other end of the interface, it is likely that the Ethernet transceiver at one end of the link is faulty and should be replaced.

But what is the soluation for these problem the link is going down very offen and it is not communacting to other switch

dave.keith Tue, 01/27/2004 - 12:24
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

The few times I've seen that message have all turned out to be physical cable problems. Have you replaced the inter-switch patch cable ?

Actions

This Discussion