cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Unity 3.15 to 4.03

spoure
Level 1
Level 1

What version of Dirt Tool would backup 3.15 and restore in 4.03....

Sean Poure
6 Replies 6

afuller
Level 4
Level 4

None. Dirt only restores to the same version of Unity that it backed up.

adam

Is there a backup tool to back up in 3.15 and restore in 4.x.....

If not how do you upgrade to 4.x from 3.15

Sean Poure

No, there is no tool like that - you don't need one when upgrating from 3.x to 4.x - that was only necessary during the 2.x to 3.x/4.x upgrades since we changed the back end out totally. Just the regular upgrade works fine out of the box for what you need.

Of course, it's a real good idea to make a backup of your 3.1(5) system before doing the upgrade just in case...

This link explains the process for upgrading to 4.x.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_unity/unity40/inst/inst403/ex/ig_027.htm

Like Jeff said, there's no tool to do a 3.x to 4.x upgrade like there was for 2.x to 3.x.

adam

Thank you both,

However, I am planning to change the hardware. That means

1-In the new hardware I install a fresh copy of 3.15

2-Use the DIRT tool to restore the backup from 3.15 to the new 3.15 that I just installed on the new hardware

3-upgrade the new 3.15 to 4.03

What I was looking for was

1-Install a fresh copy of 4.03 in the new Hardware

2-Back up the data in 3.15 and restore in 4.03

Is there a way to get a copy of 3.15 cd. The customer has lost the set of Unity 3.15 CDs

Sean Poure

There's no way to do a 3.1.5-to-4.0.3 Dirt restore. The database tables between the two are very different. The first way is the only way to do it.

To get a copy of the 3.1.5 installation CD1, log into CCO and go here:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/unity-archives

adam

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: