Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Custom report

mmali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Running cisco works 5th edition, with Resource manager 3.4, got around 500 router and switchs in the network.

Is there a way to create a custom report as follows:

*Device Name*Device Type*Device Serial Number*Module or Modules Type* Module Serial Number*Dram size*Flash Size*.

Regards

M

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

You can either create a Custom Report for this or look at Detailed Device Report in RME.

Salaam,

You are right but detailed device report gives you lot of information,

I want to generate a specific report.

like Device Name*Device Type*Serial Number*Modules * Modules Serial Number*.

Look at the Custom Reports or alternately can use DEE to do the export and then filter out the unwanted stuff from it.

Pardon me for jumping in. I am also looking to create an inventory report that would display the model number and the serial number of our Cat-2980G switches. The Custom Report does not have the report type that would include both, the model number and the serial number. How do you go about filtering out the unwanted stuff from the DEE since the Admin folder does not have the DEE setup?

Thanks.

_ Alex

Did you tried to use Crystal Reports,

I did and is doing wounderfull job generating custom reports from cisco works.

http://www.businessobjects.com/products/reporting/default.asp

Regards

Meer

Thanks for your response. Did you use Crystal Reports in conjunction with DDE or Custim Reports from RME?

_ Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco