cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS H323 debug H.225.0 IE

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Any IOS H.323 debug to see H.225 Informational Elements (IE)?

6 Replies 6

mjae
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

if I understand you correctly, there is this ability to see the IEs. Use the "debug h225 asn1" or h225 debug q931" or "debug h245 asn1" commands to see what it is sending/receiving.

HTHs,

Matthew.

Matthew.

If you use those debugs (debug h225 asn1,debug h245 asn1) you only see asn1 part of the H225 message (aka USER to User IE), you can not see not asn1 IE part for example display name, Calling Party Number, etc.

Alex

ok,

the non user-to-user information is encoded in a Q.931 format, so

(a) (possibly) use "debug isdn q931 detail"

(b) get Ethereal or something similar and grab the IP packets on the wire. You can then use Ethereal to decode them, or decode them yourself.

cheers,

Matthew.

Matthew

There is no ISDN line ("debug isdn q931" does no apply) . I will have to use CCM debugs or Sniffer.

Thanks

Alex

Alex,

have you used Ethereal? I'm not sure if CCM debugs or Sniffer will decode everything for you. Its freely downloadable and runs on Windows, HPUX, SUN Sollaris, Linux:

http://www.ethereal.com/download.html#binaries

cheers,

Matthew.

Hi Matthew

I used ethereal many times (also surveyor, and sniffer pro) and all off then provide Voip tools and H323, DCCP,MGCP decoding. CCM does privide tools to find IE on calls (just today i use it).

Best Regards,

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: