cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

launching of cisco view in cisco works 6.0

kjanakiraman
Level 1
Level 1

I just downloaded the Eval copy of Cisco works6.0 which has whatsupgold and installed the same. When click on ciscoworks for windows6 the browser is opening and i could go inside giving the login credentials, but after getting inside when i click on cisco view i am getting an error message "Please grant permission to lauch ciscoview or quit the browser and try again" What should i do to resolve the problem.

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

Thanks a lot for the information. I will check for the patch and update in my system.

hdemerdash
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. did anyone answer you?

if anyone knows what to be done to fix this problem please help

thanks alot

I was having similar issues getting certain features of CW to work for me on a fresh XP image. Depending on the version of java loaded I could either not login and/or not access certain features like CiscoView. I corrected my issue by installing the MS JVM and Sun Java Plug-in 1.3.1. If you are using IE to access CW the fix listed in technote 21130 may help you as it did me. See link below.

It appears as if CW is real picky about Java. The Technote describes for CW to work properly with IE the MS JVM is required (even though it is no longer supported by MS) in addition to Sun's Java 1.3.1 plug-in. You can't get a JVM from MS any longer but the Technote has links to a site that has the MS JVM. It also has links to the Cisco Java download area.

See this Technote for more info: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps4565/products_tech_note09186a008009467a.shtml