Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Rename "UserID" in Extension Mobility Login Service

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2004
User Badges:

We just upgraded our CCM to 3.3(3). Previously on 3.2(2c), the engineer who setup our CCM cluster renamed the word "UserID" in Extension Mobility Login to "Extension"

This may cause confusion for my users, so in the Extension Mobility Login Service, does anyone know how to rename the word from "UserID" to "Extension"? Thanks in advance.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
thomas.chen Mon, 02/23/2004 - 09:50
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I know that at this point Cisco does not support this.

Thomas

Sascha Monteiro Sun, 02/29/2004 - 14:56
User Badges:

so in your directory, the userID is the extension number??

of course you can change the parameter display name (that is just the name you see in the phone display)

http://ccm/ccmadmin -> Feature -> Cisco IP phone Services -> click on the extension mobility -> select UserID Service Parameter Information -> click Edit -> change the "Parameter Display Name" (NOT Parameter Name!!!) -> click "update and close" -> click update -> click "update subscriptions"

This should do the trick..

Sascha

orebollido Mon, 03/01/2004 - 07:26
User Badges:

I have a service called "Login" that is for Extension Mobility, but I do not have anything under the Parameters section. I manually added "UserID" and changed Paramenter Name to "Extension", but that did not do the trick. What am I missing?

anup.anand Mon, 03/01/2004 - 11:25
User Badges:

I don't see an easy way to make this work with CCM 3.3.3

With earlier versions of Callmanager, Extension Mobility was handled by running a script in the CRS or IVR server. Hence you had the options to change the parameters.

Starting with CCM 3.3, Extension Mobility is handled by the Callmanager Server itself. There are a couple of Java serverlets that Callmanager uses to make this work. You might need the help of a Java developer to make modifications to the serverlets to make this work.

Actions

This Discussion