Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

VPN 3005 to various sites

Unanswered Question
Feb 11th, 2004
User Badges:

I have a VPN 3005 at central site and different sites connecting via Pix and routers at branch site. They all get Public IP Addresses dynamically. Now they are working since I have configured a Base Group password. But I want to give each site different password. Is this possible.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
rakeshsharma3000 Wed, 02/11/2004 - 02:56
User Badges:

Thanks for the response. That means Groups can be configured only for VPN 3002 and software clients ?. For PIX and Routers do we need to configure them only either base groups or if we know the IP under LAN-TO-LAN section. What I wanted to do was filter the different sites (dynamic IPs) to be allowed to access only a specific portion of the Lan. Do you think this is possible.

gfullage Tue, 02/17/2004 - 21:49
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

You can set the remote routers and PIX's up as EzVPN clients, so in effect they simulate a 3002/software client. This works much the same way as a L2L tunnel connectivity wise, but will allow you to push parameters to the routers/PIXs based on different concentrator groups.

Do a search for EzVPN or EasyVPN and there'll be a bunch of stuff on it. You'll need 12.2(13)T or higher on the router.

Actions

This Discussion