cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX 525 losing running-config

rmerritt
Level 1
Level 1

I have a pair of PIX 525 set for failover. Since upgrading to 6.3(3), we have been having periodic failures in that the active device loses its running config, it transfers the default config to the standby. The proper config remains in flash and a reboot corrects problem. TAC has not been much help on this. This problem is erratic. Sometimes goes several days without a problem, sometimes a few hours.

3 Replies 3

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is there any SYSLOG message you recorded? it seems to be some bug and TAC's help is advisable here.

Has the failover happening?

Thanks

Nadeem

Syslog does not show a thing. Device does not fail over but does write the default settings to the secondary. I am not familiar with sho crash. I will look at that the next time it occurs. Thanks for your assistance.

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

How did you verify that it looses it's running config? It can be because of number of reasons why FO is occuring. What does syslog shows? do you have show crash? these are the things you need to look at and search for possible bug.

Thanks,

Mynul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card