cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks RME Problem

mtrf
Level 1
Level 1

I successfully configurated the "Define Automated Action" for syslog analyser. When ever the router port is down or any configuration of router is change it will generat syslog and based on syslog It is sending email to me. The command on Defind Automated Action I entered is as follows :

C:\CSCOpx\bin\perl C:\CSCOpx\cgi-bin\sysloga\sampleEmailScript.pl -text_message $M "Syslog" -email_ids helpdesk@my_company.com -subject $M -from cw2k@my_company.com -smtp 192.168.1.100

What I am getting is the text which specified in the sampleemailscript.pl. What I looking is the router description + port number + date + time etc

Any body can help me as I am very poor in programing. or any body know that any readymade scripts available for the same.

Regards and Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply 1

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

I'm no expert either but most of the example I have seen just have a $M. Specifying $M means that the entire message is passed to the script. You could also refer to 'How to Debug Syslog Automated Action' at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2073/products_tech_note09186a00800a7275.shtml#debug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: