Warning message

• Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

EAP-TTLS on 350 (and 340) clients.

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2004
User Badges:

I'm trying to use EAP-TTLS with a 350 client and having a problem in that the settings to enable WEP are all in ACU, and not accessable when using Windows 2000 and other supplicants. None of those setting are on the device configuration, as they are some of the other cards I've tried. I'm looking at two external supplicants, one can set them, and the other can't, but it would be nice to be able to set them from the windows device settings for the card driver.

Does anyone know a way to get to the encryption settings outside ACU, or if maybe ACU is going to support EAP-TTLS.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
hkfiedle Tue, 02/24/2004 - 15:54
User Badges:

I see where it says it does there but I'm just not finding anything that works.

I've been trying ACU V6.2 and ther isn't anything in it that refers to EAP/TTLS, there are only two things that look hopeful.

Not selecting any profile and using "Use other application to configure my wireless settings", but there there seems to be no way to set anything like WEP on the drivers.

The supplicants I've been looking at expect the driver to deal with that, I get authenticated but with no encryption, not much of a win.

The other possibility would seem to be setting host based EAP and WEP on the security tab, but then the supplicant never comes up to attempting connecting, in fast the client never get associated.

Could it be something that workes in 5.05 and not 6.2, that would seem odd, or am I out of luck with Cisco ACU, 350's and Windows 2000, I did find a mention that TLS is only supported in XP.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode