Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity FailOver

mmali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a document explaining Cisco unity Failover troubleshooting.

I cannot receive call's when the system is in failover state.

M

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

What happens when you try to call Unity during failover? Do you get fast busy, or just it ring and Unity never answers or...?

This is probably the closest thing we have to a troubleshooting guide but it won't help with your issue.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a008010ba2f.shtml

Keith

seth.wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using a Call Manager integration? If so there is a call manager service parameter called 'Voice Mail Maximum Hop Count.' The default for this parameter is 12. For 40 ports and a another 40 failover ports, you would need to set this parameter to 80. Hope this helps.

S

I forgot one other key CM service parameter: Forward maximum hop count. Should be set to 80 as well. Enjoy.

Not true. Assuming this is Callmanager 3.X, you should set Voicemailmaxhopcount = Number of inbound ports to unity (i.e. the number of calls that callmanager can route TO unity) * 2 (primary & secondary) - 3.

So if you have 8 ports total on the primary and 1 port is configured not to answer calls (e.g. it's used for MWI), then you would set Voicemailmaxhopcount = 8 * 2 - 3 = 13

For this to be used, the Advanced Callforward flag must also be true. The Forward max hop count should not be increased unless you want to for regular (non voicemail) forwarding, but this isn't recommended (definitely not to 80 or more).

With Callmanager 4.x you don't have to do any of this as the parameters go away.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: