cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

automatic sign in

jsmbrown
Level 1
Level 1

I am converting a company from octel to unity. Currently on their octel, they have a mailbox that is used to play open positions within the company. They have a general greeting for the mailbox, then to play the open positions, they are recording a message for each open position. Then when someone call into the job listing number, it plays the general greeting, then automatically plays all the messages for that mailbox - which are the actual job opennings. Is there a way to duplicate this with Unity? I could see possibly sending the caller to sign in after the greeting, but then how to I make sure they are not prompted for ID and Password, so they can automatically hear the messages?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Such decision aren't up to folks like me - but you should get your account team to add a PERs request for it so the product folks (who do make such decisions) know it's something people want in the field.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think the more appropriate way to do this would be with a call handler that lists the openings in question - in Unity 4.0(2) and later you can use the "greetings administration" conversation to allow subscribers to access and update the greetings for call handlers over the phone - this is a much better model than having someone leave messages in a mailbox and letting outside callers then hear the messages without having to sign in...

There are many different opennings listed. It may take several minutes to get through each one of them. They currently have the ability of deleting just one of those opennings as it gets filled. Using a call handler, they would have to re-record the entire greeting, and leave out the filled position.

By the way, the notify me by e-mail check box does not seem to be working for me.

Not sure what you're looking for in the way of e-mail notification not working - I'll need a tad more detail here... you'll probably want to start a seperate thread for that. The feature does work when properly configured, lots of sites use it.

You can create a mailbox that doesn't require a phone password (you have to edit the PW policy to allow this and then create the account). However you still have to identify yourself - if you are going to dial directly from an extension setup for a subscriber you'll dive right into your mailbox, of course, but outside callers wont. Further, you'll get the standard subscriber mailbox conversation, it wont just start spitting out messages one after another for the user - this breaks down at a number of levels here (i.e. we'd want to make it a read only listing of messages since you wouldn't want external callers replying to, forwarding or deleting messages in the inbox or the like and you certainly wouldn't want them accessing the greetings or other options of the mailbox).

Short story - I believe the call handler greetings are about as good as it gets here.

Thank you. I was referring to the notify in the forum, not Unity. Sorry for the confusion. It is working now though. I updated my profile with our new physical address and it is working. My email address did not change though, so go figure.

That makes since, Octel actually calls it a read only mailbox on it's administration pages.

I will pass on this info and see what this company wants to do. It would be nice if that feature was there. I could see potential for it in other places at other companies even.

Do you think it may be added to Unity in the future?

Such decision aren't up to folks like me - but you should get your account team to add a PERs request for it so the product folks (who do make such decisions) know it's something people want in the field.