cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error when installing supervisor desktop

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

My customer is getting the following pop-up error when installing the supervisor desktop:

"An error occurred reading the registry key:APP Version. Setup will exit."

He did mention that he un-installed the agent in the past because it conflicted with another app. When he removed the other app and went to re-install agent desktop, he now gets this error. This happens during the "start copying files" portion of the install.

Thanks,

Jason

7 Replies 7

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Had a similar problem in one of lab desktop. This issue crops up if the old CAD was not un-installed properly. Had to use manual removal method to get the problem sorted out.

Do open a TAC case.

Regards

Yogi

venkasub
Level 4
Level 4

The error looks like the old CAD was not uninstalled properly from the system. There is a manual removal procedure to remove the old CAD from the system. Please open a TAC case to pursue.

Regards

Venkat

I am having the same issue. Can anyone share the manual procedure? Thanks!

Hi,

We also faced the same issue and we used the following procedure to completely erase the installation of supervisor and reinstall it once again without any errors

1. Uninstall from Control Panel (if it still exists).

2. Run setup.exe from the folder \Common\Base\splkFootprint.

3. Manually remove the registry key HKLM\Software\Spanlink

3. Delete the folder \Program Files\Cisco.

Reboot the Workstation.

Hi,

Procedure for manually removing Cisco CRA desktop applications are documented in Desktop Service Information Guide. Refer the following URL for more information

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/service.pdf - Pg.No: 5-11

Regards

Yogi

fernanrl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. I deleted even from the registry the Speelink software as someone suggested and also reinstalled my Windows XP but I am still having the same problem.

I would appreciate very much if you could point me in the right direction to solve this problem. Kindest regards,

Fernando

Make sure you are installing the software with the correct User Rights.

Use the local Admin to install the Supervisor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: